The Spanish cuisine is rich and varied as the country itself.
Spanish cuisine is more fashionable than ever
Spanish cuisine is one of the most recognized in the world.
Although paella, gazpacho and ham are still the best-known dishes, little by little, Spanish cuisine is being given the value it deserves
Some of the most amazing facts and facts about Spanish gastronomy and cuisine:
• Spain is the largest producer of olive oil in the world. Double the production of Italy and four times that of Greece!
• Spain is the country with the largest wine growing area in the world. More than 15.5% of the world’s vineyards are in Spain!
• Approximately 75% of the world production of saffron (saffron) is carried out in Spain. Saffron is one of the key ingredients for cooking a paella.
• The most famous Spanish wines are red wines, but most of the vineyards are white grapes.
• Tomatoes, potatoes, cocoa and tobacco were imported to Europe by the Spaniards.
• Tapas are not a group of typical dishes, but rather a way of eating. The word tapas comes from the habit of covering the drink in the bars with a piece of cheese or ham to avoid getting flies or mosquitoes.
Try the typical dishes of Spain with its “jamon” and “patatas bravas”, the omelet and Valencian paella and much much more…